CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Miracle Grow


One of the amazing things we've noticed here in Nauvoo is how the plants and flowers grow so big and thick. This spring we planted some marigold seeds in the flower beds in front of our home. We planted two varieties. One was to grow 6" tall and the other 12" tall. I planted some purple petunias in between the rows of short marigolds and the tall marigolds. Well..... as you can see in the picture, there are no petunias! Both varieties of marigolds grew so big that they choked out the petunias. The 6" variety are about 12" tall and the 12" variety must be nearly 24 - 36" tall. I wish we could import some of this climate to Idaho! (In moderation of course) Lots of moisture and warm air both day and night make a difference. In Idaho I guess we'll have to settle for the artificial "Miracle Grow"!

1 comments:

Stefanie said...

I need to live in a place like that because I do not have a green thumb. I need to be able to just put the seeds in the ground and then watch them grow.