CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Almost Christmas


I came in Sunday singing the Hallelujah Chorus - I gave my RS/Priesthood lesson and now I can relax and enjoy my evenings again! Wish I didn't stress so over those lessons but it is just so intimiating to teach a large group of very seasoned, knowlegeable missionaries.


We received the best Christmas package today. Our children all met in Layton, Ut last Saturday for a family Christmas party. What we didn't know was that they were having a family group picture taken. We received a framed picture of the family and a picture of the grandkids. Oh, what a handsome group! Also, the grandkids made Christmas tree ornaments for us with their individual pictures on them. They also painted a Nativity set that is quite unique! The older kids helped the younger ones paint the ceramic figures. When we opened the package and found all of this we were delighted! Christmas could be over now and we would as happy as can be.


We are going to the temple tonight with our friends, the Bitners and the Carlsens. Today is Joseph Smith's birthday and I can't think of a better place to be on his birthday. We will walk by the Nativity on the temple grounds on our way tonight. It is a beautiful sight. I am so thankful for my Savior and for the gift of the Atonement. I am so glad I can serve a mission. The message the missionaries have to share can make such a positive change in people's lives. Even though our assignment is somewhat different, I still love the opportunity to bear testimony of Jesus Christ through the pageant.


Hope you have a fun Christmas Eve and Christmas Day! We love you all.


0 comments: