CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 21, 2009

Our First Site Assignment




This past Sunday was the first time we have been assigned to serve in an historic site. Pres. Ludwig asked if we would like to serve every other Sunday. We are excited to have the experience. Sunday we served in the Stoddard home and Tinsmith Shop. We served from 12:30 - 5:00pm. We had seven groups of people come through the shop. Not real busy but not bad for this time of year. There is a dialog that we are to give and we are to take not more than 10 minutes to give the tour. That's not hard for me but a bit of a challenge for Glenn! We borrowed clothes from the sewing room. They have quite a few "loaners". I wanted to take a pioneer dress home with me so this was a good excuse to have one made. The ladies in the sewing room are more than happy to sew one for me as they are not very busy now.
We enjoyed our experience there and are looking forward to our next assigment. The assignments for the next week are posted online Fri evenings.



1 comments:

The Eight Family said...

I bet you guys are great at that. I am sure it would be impossible for my dad to keep it to 10 minutes - but it would be fun to watch him try!!